Why is my machine oversteering or understeering? (Trimble EZ-Steer/EZ-Pilot)
If your machine is making a bunch of S patterns through your field, 90% of the time it is your Angle per Turn Calibration. Making the calibration number smaller will make it steer more, and making the number larger will make it steer less (This doesn’t make it more aggressive, it just makes the wheel turn more or less when the computer tells it too). Once you change your Angle per Turn, you will have to adjust your aggressiveness accordingly. For a 4WD tractor, the sweet spot for Angle per Turn is usually between 10% and 15% and Online Aggressiveness between 90% and 120%.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is my machine leaving misses pass to pass?
- Why does my antenna randomly lose signal? (Trimble Systems)
- Why do I keep getting a No Terrain Corrections error? (EZ-Steer)
- Why is my Autoboom not working? (Raven Ultraglide)
- Why is my Autoboom not reacting poorly? (Raven Ultraglide)