Why does my antenna randomly lose signal? (Trimble Systems)
If your GPS randomly loses signal it isn’t always the antenna that goes bad. The first thing to check is the antenna cable. On FM750 systems for example, keep the antenna cable plugged into the back of the display, and disconnect the cable from the antenna. With a volt meter, touch the positive to the center prong, and the negative to the ring around the center prong. If you get a reading of 5V your cable is still good. Try swapping out the antenna. A loaner antenna may be at the store for your testing purposes if it isn’t loaned out to another farmer already.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is my machine leaving misses pass to pass?
- Why is my machine oversteering or understeering? (Trimble EZ-Steer/EZ-Pilot)
- Why do I keep getting a No Terrain Corrections error? (EZ-Steer)
- Why is my Autoboom not working? (Raven Ultraglide)
- Why is my Autoboom not reacting poorly? (Raven Ultraglide)